The WCFF is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting women’s health and well-being. We focus on promoting health in our central Florida communities through volunteerism, funding and partnership.
After a long history of community giving, the physicians associated with Women’s Care Florida, LLC identified an opportunity to have a more active and formalized philanthropic presence. In 2013 WCFF received approval as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation. Since that time we have provided grants, volunteers and other support to nonprofits in Central Florida that share our passion in supporting women’s health and well-being.
First and foremost, the focus of the WCFF is on women because they are the people we serve in our clinics every day. However, we also saw a unique need in our community and have the passion and resources to help.
Women and girls are challenged with significant issues, but often do not get their fair share of social support. For example, almost one in four women are living in poverty in United States, and 19 percent of girls in the U.S. grow up poor — however, as a share of overall foundation giving, funding for women and girls has remained below 7.5 percent for almost two decades.
In addition to our desire to help women gain access to the same level of support as others, we hope to use our unique understanding of women to change services in a way that significantly increase the impact and outcomes of women’s benefits and services.
What Makes Our Foundation Unique
Research has shown funds specifically focused on women have developed a unique approach to grant-making that sets them apart from the mainstream in terms of impact and effectiveness. A few aspects of our unique approach include:
- A focus on ‘systemic’ solutions — We strive to make changes to the policies and systems that shape women’s opportunities in society.
- Investments in women who are poor and pushed to the margins — Over 80 percent of women’s fund grants flow to women and girls with a low or no income.
- We do more than just give money — We build the leadership, collaboration, skills and influence of our grantee partners to increase their impact and efficiency.
- We believe that everyone can be a philanthropist; We connect and engage diverse audiences to participate in giving, leadership, community and decision-making.
- We share a common focus on critical issues for women: We work with a variety of influencers to combat poverty and violence, improve access to healthcare and education and improve the quality of life of women and families.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE about Women’s Issues & Funds Supporting Women? Check out our comprehensive list of Research on Women’s Issues.